Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Tuesday, 12 September 2017
  5 Replies
  7.5K Visits
Votes
Undo
I have two problems with Work Area utility.

First of all, when I use it at work with two displays attached to my laptop, the pop up panel with the 4 profile buttons shows up correctly (though it always shows on the primary display, which is the external one).
Instead, when I use it at home on the same laptop without additional screen, the pop up does not show up correctly (see attachment).
I already tried changing scaling and resolution settings, but nothing changed.
Both displays have 1920x1080 resolution, but the laptop display has a higher DPI.

In addition to this, there's the inconvenience that the Work Area panel stays in the foreground, above any other application, also when Excel is not the active application and even when its window is minimized.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Thanks for the detailed feedback about this feature.
This issue has been listed and we will try to fix it in next version.
Hi Jay

I have version 12.5 and the Work Area utility buttons are no longer showing up? How can i get them to show again?

Thanks
Lorenzo
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
the Work Area utility buttons are no longer showing up?
Do you mean the Work Area utility buttons are appear on the Ribbon?
Please try to take some screenshots to demonstrate the issue.

We welcome all questions, feedback and bug reports. If you're having an issue, we usually need the following information:
A brief description of the issue and how it can be replicated (if applicable).
Your Operating system (Windows 8, Windows 7, etc) and the version information of your Microsoft Office.
Screenshots that illustrate the problem - How do I take a screenshot? http://www.take-a-screenshot.org

Thanks in advance.
Hi Jay

I am using Windows 10 and version 12.5 - I have figured out what the issue is. When I use my large screen/monitor (primary screen) I can see the 4 buttons, but if the buttons are placed in an area in the lower section of the primary screen it does not appear when I only use my laptop monitor (after disconnecting the primary screen). The 4 buttons need to be placed centrally or close to the ribbon for it to appear on the laptop monitor.

I also agree with Carlo anout the inconvenience that the Work Area panel that stays in the foreground when excel is minimised.
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hello,
Thanks for all feedback. We will try to enhance this function in the future.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.