Skip to main content
Today is our off day. We are taking some rest and will come back stronger tomorrow
Official support hours
Monday To Friday
From 09:00 To 17:30
  Anonymous User
  Tuesday, 02 May 2023
  4 Replies
  2.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
I tried to transfer excel 26.3 from my old laptop to a new laptop both running Office 2016. On the old laptop the "searchable drop-down list worked fine and I was able to add names to the list and it would automatically update the list. On the new laptop and since I wasn't able to transfer 26.3 I purchased vs. 27.0. Now the DDL doesn't update when I add a new name and when I close the program and restart it looses the DDL and I have to start all over creating the DDL. In vs. 26.3 I was able to place a checkmark on the "Searchable DDL", on the new vs 27.0 the checkbox isn't there or unavailable....see screen shots. It's imperative that I get this functioning asap. Thank You
10 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi there,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused as we have recently upgraded the logic to run the advanced drop-down list feature.

Once you have created a regular drop-down list,
- if you want to make the list searchable, please select the Searchable Drop-down List option.
- if you want to add checkboxes to the drop-down list, select the Drop-down List with Check Boxes option (you can make the DDL searchable as well in the pop-up dialog box).

advanced ddls.png

Nota that you should save the workbook before you close it to make sure you have saved the Searchable Drop-down List.

As to the problem of adding names not automatically updating the list, we appreciate your feedback and want to assure you that our team is already working on resolving this problem. We expect to have a solution within the next two weeks. Thank you for your patience and understanding. :)

Amanda
10 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Thank you for your reply, I look forward to the "adding names" fix.
10 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
I also see that when protecting a worksheet the DDL is still available...good job...!
Looking forward to the update that fixes the added names to a DDL
10 months ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that the worksheet protection is working well for you.

We're always striving to improve our products, and I appreciate your suggestion for the update to fix the added names to a DDL.

Let us know if you have any other suggestions or feedback in the future. :)

Amanda
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.